Monday, April 07, 2008

Deconstructionist Blues

I am almost finished with a Klosterman book. I found myself laughing from the first paragraph.

Yet, it's like I'm reading it as two different people.


One whom loves fun. One whom must deconstruct.

The humorous theories amuse, but I find myself deconstructing the work.
More the theory than the actual deconstruction K man is applying, though sometimes that too.

I stop myself. It's vacation.

Is there such a thing as surface value intellectualism?

I'll take a side and more of that tea please.

The spoon people sidle
the ocean simply is
all this and more
freshness warrantied
clamor for the goal
fight. tough. squishy.
salty lips and reddened eyes
curly hair and straight tails.
Long tales and short days.
relax. the surface is calm

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home