Saturday, October 16, 2010

October 16 Moon

I travel by pannier and crutch on this moonlight night
a crisp tug at the collar is how this night air beckons
almost enough to yank us to our senses
almost enough to yank us from this dream
I travel by a slow and steady stride upon metal wings
they embrace earth and stair with the sure ease of mountain goats
with the cadence of a slave powered vessel -
Row... -
ROw... -
ROW ...
as the hull groans while slowly slicing the water, so groans I
with each move
every pace
ROW [DRUM]
ROW[DRUM]
ROW[DRUM]
I've made it to the kitchen.
The Far East of the house. Searching for fresh water and spices
finding sight of the October 16 moon ascending towards some heavenly throne
and I cross the threshold into the night air
by crutch and pannier
seeking more

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home