Friday, December 12, 2008

Do you get my drift?

I lost the first couple lines. Even though moments ago they were making
sounds like a skipping record, but the records wasn't skipping.
That's how the song is written.
So
I drink in the vacuous viscous quaffables
and bask in your dialect,
honeyed poison.
naturally divine
openly free for the taking
wrapped up in life's little details and it's just easier to spill it all out
than attempt to unravel the frequencies
A spell of interwoven interlockings
stepped aside from the drift
Do you get my drift?


She looked at me and said "It's over my head"
"You just say that when you don't like my poems."
"No. I just don't get it. It's a bunch of words that don't go together; it doesn't make sense"
"It makes perfect sense"
"Noo.... it's not your fault . . it's . . "
"I'm not saying there's fault. There's isn't fault. You can't be right or wrong."

I attend things. I'm a valet for moments.
parking them away for winding evenings and coutry roads
the winds, the down, the for, the the, victorious night sky
drop a fairy tale with a happy ending for someone
this sidewalk standing and city air breathing karma
has to come home to roost for somebody
Did I just say karma?
I don't even know if I get my drift anymore.

spackled rising moon and snowflaked scenery
just a bunch of words that aren't supposed to go together

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home