Wednesday, December 31, 2008

People just disappear sometimes.

You may not believe this
but in other places I have readership-
so I didn't think it would bother me
when I long-ago-removed the traffic script (that let me know)
and decided not to let lack or gain of readership influence words

I have to admit, sometimes it gets to me.
Thinking about when I knew. Knew the eyes were watching
Knew the stage was set. It gets to me. because I think you're gone.
Hating to look into the mirror and see the transient natural truth
People just disappear sometimes.

decided not to let
lack or gain
of readership
influence
words?


Yet, here we are
Words and I
wallowing in the web's vast seclusion
I've had the feeling before
the lonliness
of being in a crowded room
I know people just disappear some times
like I know people that know people
and yet it doesn't feel crowded
tonight

I don't want to ask it. I don't want to look into the mirror.
Just in case
it's me that's disappeared

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home